after clearing most of the wood with the forstner bit I cleaned up the hollow of the body with the router.
sanded down the bookmatch and got it glued up. This is some of the nicest quilted maple I have seen in any of the lumber yards around here.
Here it is wet down a little to show the figure.
I salvaged parts from a small old craftsman dupilcater, and some tooling in a machine shop to make this. Its not a clean finish by any means but it sure knocks out the bulk of the work in a hurry.
Today I started hollowing out the back side and voicing the top. This one already has a complexity of tone that I like. As the planer blade glides across it you can really hear it talk to you.
Here is my little depth gauge.
I really like the way this one is shaping up so far. More to come!