Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Hell Cat Completed

It has been a long Journey from start to finish, but the first Hell Cat is all finished up now, these are the the finished pics. 
Final specs:
Top: Buckeye burl
Bridge, tailpiece, pickup covers, knobs, and truss cover: walnut burl
Neck: curly walnut with two way adjustable truss rod, and carbon fiber reinforcement.
Body: maple core with walnut wings
Fretboard: EIR
Binding: Curly Maple
Inlays: Abalone set in copper
Logo: Copper wire
Electronics: Master volume, master tone, three way pup selector, and series/split/parallel toggle for each pup
Tuners: locking Grover 

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Vixen # 3 is under finish

The reason I haven't put up finished pics is because I decided that this top deserved some protection, so instead of leaving it in oil I decided to spray some nitro. I had to do a poor fill first. 

Inlay for the Nomad

New method for doing the wire inlay this time around. I cut all my pieces bent them to shape and the glued them down on dyed cardstock. Hopefully inlaying this whole thing as one piece should be much easier than trying to inlay each individual little piece of wire one at a t time. 

Friday, August 12, 2011

More progress on the Nomad

Today I put the first coat of Z-poxy on the Nomad. You can really see grain starting to come through now. This is going to be a beautiful top :-)

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

new photos of the Nomad.

Today I routed out the pickup cavities, and also cleaned up the heal carve. More photos to come.